Facts About Cats eagerly endorses the efforts of the
St. Francis Society Animal Rescue.
Cat Behavior Facts
- In order to cover their trails from predators, cats bury their feces.
- A cat who rolls over and exposes its stomach to you, feel very safe and secure around you. They are
also letting you know that they enjoy your company.
- Cats kead their paws when they are happy.
- Your cat will pick on your mood and will change their mood based on yours.
- If your cat likes to climb the Christmas tree, hang a lemon or orange scented air freshner on the bark. They
don't care for those smells and will leave the tree alone.
- Cats speak to humans who speak to them. They also get their security from your voice, so watch your tone.
- Cats rub up against objects and people in an attempt to put their scent on them, i.e. "mark them"
- Cats purr when they are feeling any strong emotions.
- 30% of a cat's waking hours are spent on grooming.
- Your cat prefers eating out of a clean bowl in the same quiet spot everyday.
- Cat's bite out of pleasure as well, so when your done petting your cat, if he/she bites you, it may not be a negative
Don't miss these "Cat Facts"...
Have your own cat fact?
Do you have some fascinating tidbit about felines or some unusual fact that's not listed here on this site? Send us your "facts" and we'll give credit where credit is due.
Send us your cat facts!