Cat Health Facts
- There are such diseases as feline leukemia and feline AIDS.
- Cats are not immune to cancer.
- A cat's brain is actually more like a human brain rather than a dog's brain.
- Cat's sleep between 16 and 18 hours a day, but not soundly. They will react immediatly too any stimulation.
- Chocolate and Tylenol are both harmful to cats.
- Cats are sensitive to lactose so milk is not good for them. In fact, it will give them diarrhea. Instead, give your
cat cream. The butterfat is easier for them to handle and it's good for them. It also has less lactose.
- You can extend your cat's life by having them neutered.
- An indoor cat will live on average to be about 15 years old. An outdoor cat generally does not live past 5 years old.
- A cat can pivot its ears 180 degrees.
- Never leave your cat in a car alone. Temperatures, even with the windows cracked, are too much for your pet to handle.
- A female cat can start mating at 5 months old. A male cat must wait until he is at least 7 months old.
- Pregnancy in cat's usually last between 58 and 65 days, about 2 months.
Don't miss these "Cat Facts"...
Have your own cat fact?
Do you have some fascinating tidbit about felines or some unusual fact that's not listed here on this site? Send us your "facts" and we'll give credit where credit is due.
Send us your cat facts!