Facts About Cats
- Cats are born with blue eyes. They change at approximately 12 weeks of age.
- Sometimes your cat will find it difficult to find the treats you throw him on the floor. The reason is
because cats can't see directly under their own nose.
- Cats can jump between 5 & 7 times as high as their tail.
- Ailurophobia: the hate or fear of cats
- 80% of all cats, big and small, have the same reaction to catnip, due to their feline genes. Cats that are younger than 6 months
and tigers however, do not react to catnip.
- A cat uses it's whiskers to tell if the space they are contemplating entering is big enough for them.
- Cats not only walk on their toes but they have 5 toes on their front paws and 4 toes on the their back paws.
- Killing a cat was punishable by death in acient Egypt.
- Just like fingerprints on humans, the nose pad of cats is rigid in a pattern that is completely unique.
- Sir Isaac Newton is credited for inventing the cat door.
- Start a garden inside your home. Cats love to eat grass, parsley, catnip, and sage. However, consult your Vet before
planting a garden for your cat to eat. Many plants are harmful or even fatal to cats.
- Pet owners live longer, happier lives with less stress and less heart attacks.
- Cats prefer their food at room temperature.
- Don't put your cat's collar on too tight. Make sure you can slip 2 fingers between the collar and the cat.